Advertising and Marketing
We live in an era where privacy of information ranks high among concerns of businesses and consumers alike. Take advantage of online marketing opportunities while mitigating legal and reputational risk. We conduct privacy audits, and develop and implement privacy compliance policies. We understand the value of proprietary commercial, financial and strategic information and that advances in technology offer new opportunities and vulnerabilities. Clients get pragmatic advice on privacy and data security issues.
Risk mitigation is an important aspect for every IT businesses and can be achieved by developing and implementing corporate policies related to data security, record retention and privacy. By keeping up-to-date with legal and IT business matters, we take care to deliver the best solutions for the unique needs of our clients.
Our advertising and marketing law expertise:
- Privacy audits and compliance programs
- Application of Canadian privacy law to companies based in other jurisdictions
- Privacy aspects of advertising and marketing, including e-mail marketing and anti-spam legislation
- Privacy in the cloud
- Response to domestic and multinational data breaches, including breach notification
- Response to complaints and to investigations by privacy regulators
- Employment issues, including investigations and surveillance
- Freedom of information and access to information issues
- Outsourcing involving personal information
- Technology issues, including social media and other online issues